When: Saturday May 6, 9am – 6pm
Where: Partridge Horse Hill, 531 Hwy 35, Pontypool, Ontario (near Lindsay/Oshawa).
Cost: Free to NHA members, or $15/person/day for non members (cash only). Membership applications will be available at the show.
Cash Only, no ATM onsite. Specials before March 30th, 2017: 1) Membership: Get $5 off your membership or 2) Get $5 off your tradeshow entrance, if you register before March 30th, 2017. Email your name, contact info and e-Transfer to email@example.com;
What: The trade show’s purpose is to educate and inspire about natural horsemanship from different horse professionals.
- Jason Irwin of Northstar Livestock Quarter Horses: Renowned for his colt starting abilities and laying a foundation on his horses that includes liberty and bridleless work. A family business located near Port Elgin, Ontario www.northstarlivestock.com
- Elsa Sinclair teaching Freedom Based Training: world renowned for the documentary ‘Taming Wild.’ The documentary follows Elsa’s story taking a wild mustang off the range and training her to ride without using any tack or equipment. http://www.tamingwild.com/
- Esther Johnston: retired Western Horseman’s Association Judge and level 2 Centered Riding Coach producing many high point All-Round Riders.
- Lindsey Partridge of Harmony Horsemanship. First trainer to win two championships at the international Thoroughbred Makeover, and first trainer to have both her horses qualify for finals in both their disciplines at the makeover. harmonyhorsemanship.ca
- Lorie Duff of Liberty Lane Farm is a professional horsewoman, mentor and equine educator. Lorie has held Newfoundland Equestrian Association (NEA) Championship titles in five separate divisions and is a recipient of both the NEA Horsemanship and NEA Sportsmanship Awards. Lorie was the first clinician to showcase her trust-based training at the RCMP Musical Ride’s annual Sunset Ceremonies in Ottawa. libertylanefarm.net
- Susan Caldwell: A certified Equestrian Canada Western Competition Coach and Extreme Cowboy competitor. OXC Reserve High Point Pro 2015, Can-Am OXC Shoot Out Race Winner in 2016, and competitor at the 2016 EXCA Race at Salon du Cheval. firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule for Day:
- 9am – Elsa Sinclair teaching Freedom Based Training. Elsa will share some insights as she works with two horses for the first time.
- 9:45am – Melissa Caccamo, in-depth assessment of a horse, explaining bio-mechanics and common injuries of different parts of the horse’s body. Part I
- 10:15am – Jason Irwin: Your young horse – laying down the foundation to last a lifetime
- 10:45am – Shelley Shopsowitz, demonstrating how to take vitals and how recognize pain/ ill health. This is an interactive session with an opportunity to a take pulse, and listen with the stethoscope.
- 11:00am – Lindsey Partridge, witness a ‘liberty restart’ with an off the track Thoroughbred
- 11:45am – English Saddle Fitting with Canterbury Outpost
12pm – Lorie Duff demonstrating how her liberty inspired mentoring focused on creating strong mental connections can strengthen bond between horse and human.
- 12:45pm – Shelley Shopsowitz, equine first aid tips
- 1pm – Susan Caldwell will coach a rider thru some Extreme Cowboy obstacles, with tips on how to improve their approach, and departure for higher scoring.
- 1:45pm – Jason Irwin: Advancing your horse – moving beyond the basics
- 2:15pm – Western Saddle Fitting by Canterbury Outpost
- 2:30pm – Elsa Sinclair, this demo features two off the track Thoroughbred mares.
- 3:15pm – Melissa Caccamo, in-depth assessment of a horse, Part II
- 3:30pm – Lorie Duff, Three core blocks, Communication-Trust-Respect.
- 4:15pm – Esther Johnston with Rider Biomechancis – tips to help you ride in better balance with your horse
- 5:15pm – Lindsey Partridge, Harmony Horsemanship – developing a calm connection & creating a ‘yes horse’
*The schedule is subject to change.
At the Trade Show:
- Canterbury Outpost: Saddle Fitting http://www.canterburyoutpostsaddlery.ca/
- David – Accupuncture
- Elsa Sinclair: Freedom Based Training and feature documentary of Taming Wild http://www.tamingwild.com/
- Esther Johnston: Level 2 Centered Riding Coach email@example.com
- BBQ – hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, muffins, squares, cookies, fruit, tea, coffee, pop, water – proceeds to Pontypool United Church
- Jason Irwin of Northstar Livestock Quarter Horses www.northstarlivestock.com http://www.northstarlivestock.com/Main/
- Heather Hintermeister: HH Hoofcare, hhhoofcare.weebly.com
- Lorie Duff ~ “Ride Together” of Liberty Lane Farm libertylanefarm.net
- Lindsey Partridge of Harmony Horsemanship HarmonyHorsemanship.ca
Melissa Caccamo: athletic and injury rehabilitation services for horses, and educational programs for riders https://equi-smart.ca/
- Melissa Monteith – ACE – The Alternative Community of Equestrians and IHR – International Horse Registry, selling cinnamon buns to raise money for ACE.
- Meri Docherty: owner of True Partners: Natural Horsemanship Equipment
- Shelley Shopsowitz Registered Veterinary Technician and a certified Equi-Health Canada Equine First Aid Instructor thecontentedequine.weebly.com
- Susan Caldwell: A certified Equestrian Canada Western Competition Coach and Extreme Cowboy competitor. firstname.lastname@example.org or Cell: 416-529-5425
- Wendy Lawton, personalized bags and products, mythirtyone.ca/WendyLawton
Details to Know:
- Entrance is $15 or Free to NHA members. Membership forms will be available at the door. Membership: Adult $25, Youth $15. Members get other perks!
- Specials before March 30th, 2017: 1) Membership: Get $5 off your membership or 2) Get $5 off your tradeshow entrance, if you register before March 30th, 2017. Email your name, contact info and e-Transfer to email@example.com;
- The event is held in an indoor arena. There is a heated viewing room to warm up however the demonstrations will be in an indoor, unheated arena.
- Sunday May 7th Elsa Sinclair is doing a Freedom Based Training Workshop – available to NHA members for $10 to watch for the day, or $20 to non-members. To register, email your name, contact info and e-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- There will be food for sale with proceeds going to Pontypool United Church
- Cash only (no ATM onsite)
If you would like to be a vendor, do a demo or presentation please email email@example.com with this vendor application form, we look forward to hearing from you!